Ultimate DIY Halloween Costume Contest
October 1st – October 30th
Goodwill Industries Serving Southeast Nebraska, Inc. is holding its first annual Ultimate DIY Halloween Costume Contest. As a favorite haunt for people who love to dress up for Halloween, Goodwill has what you need to create your very own costume. Whether scary, funny, or warm and fuzzy, our Goodwill stores are treasure troves for the Do-It-Yourself Costume Creator.
Contestants must purchase at least one item of their costume materials in Goodwill Stores. Just email us a picture of your costume between October 1st and October 15th, and Goodwill employees will choose the top ten best costumes. Then go to Goodwill's Facebook page between October 22nd and 28th, to vote for your favorite costume. The top 3 entries receiving the most likes and shares will win first, second and third place prizes. Winners will be announced on October 30th.
So, get those creative juices flowing and go searching our Goodwill Stores for just the right spooky stuff needed to make those costumes!
See below for Contest Rules and Guidelines:
Who Can Enter:
• Employees and Board Members of Goodwill Industries Serving Southeast Nebraska, and the immediate family members of those employees are ineligible.
How You’ll Enter:
• Show off your best Halloween Costume project! Purchase an item from Goodwill Industries Serving Southeast Nebraska, and use it to create a different Halloween costume (photos only, no videos please).
Eligible photos must be submitted between October 1 – October 15, 2017.
Rules & Guidelines:
• One entry per person. If you submit multiple entries, Goodwill reserves the right to pick which of your entries will move on for voting.
• A single photo should be submitted as a .jpeg or .png file to ensure successful upload.
• Photos, and costumes created, need to remain tasteful; anything deemed otherwise may not be eligible for voting. Goodwill Industries reserves the right not to allow a photo through if, in its sole discretion, is deemed inappropriate.
• At least one item of the contestant's "costume” must be from any of our participating Goodwill Stores.
• The winner will be selected by judges appointed for the purpose by Goodwill Industries. Their decision is final.
• Goodwill Industries reserves the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
• Sponsors are not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry, winner or other contest information by Sponsor or entrants for any reason whatsoever.
• Sponsors are also not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the contest or for entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete.
• All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
• CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
• Voting will run October 22 – October 28, 2017.
• Visit Lincoln Goodwill’s Facebook page to vote for a photo, you must BOTH like and share the photo.
• Each person may only cast their vote once.
• The top 3 entries with the most votes will be determined on October 30, 2017. Goodwill Industries Serving Southeast Nebraska will award a first, second and third place prize.
• Goodwill reserves the right to pull additional entries as finalists, regardless of online votes, if they see fit.
• The winner will be announced on the Goodwill Industries Serving Southeast Nebraska Facebook page, Twitter page, Instagram page and website on October 30, 2017.
• First Place prize - a $150 Goodwill gift card, a $100 Texas Roadhouse Restaurant Gift Certificate card and a $50 Lowe’s gift card.
• Second Place prize - $100 Goodwill gift card, a $50 Applebee’s Restaurant Gift Certificate and a $25 Ace Hardware’s gift card.
• Third Place prize - $50 Goodwill gift card, and a $35 Raising Cane’s gift card
Odds of Winning:
Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. The Sponsors accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize awarded hereunder.